- Ability to work around 24 hrs/wk - Sat & Sun, and 1 weekday
- Ability to work flexible hours including some early mornings, holidays, nights, weekends
- Knowledge and skill of food preparation, knowledge of Health Department requirements
- Ability to independently prepare meals
- Ability to follow recipes and instructions
- Must have good health habits (washing hands often, etc.)
- Good hand-eye coordination when handling sharp knives and other kitchen tools
- Must be certified by the Texas Department of Health or become certified within 30 days of hire
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Previous experience in institutional cooking
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Standard commercial kitchen working conditions.
- Considerable exposure to heat, cold, humidity, stagnant air and slippery floors.
- Uses hands and fingers, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able up to lift 30 pounds
Diversity is a core value at Austin Recovery Network. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, mental or physical disability, citizenship, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. Austin Recovery works affirmatively to build a staff and board that includes people of many different races, classes, religions, genders, physical and mental abilities, ages and sexual orientations, including people who have been previously incarcerated.*
*Due to our work with children, there are some convictions such as sex offenses that would prevent employment offered to those applying for a position in programming with children.