This position supports the Mens Shelter/Emergency Shelters by providing supervision to case management staff. This will include: spiritual leadership; staff scheduling, guidance, supervision and delegation of tasks where appropriate.
Essential Job Duties
- Supervise program resident case management procedures, records and schedules.
- Oversee random drug screens for residents
- Perform welfare checks in guest residences and restrooms
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider males for this position.
- Manage, support, facilitate and review the work of direct report(s) by equipping, encouraging and empowering in their specific areas of responsibilities, which includes regular one-one meetings, developing, implementing and maintaining career development plans and timely annual performance reviews.
- Manage, review and approve all department staff hiring and disciplinary actions, in cooperation with supervisor and HR.
- Maintain a caseload of 12-15 clients. Conduct crisis counseling when needed and recommend appropriate treatment or action. Ensure residents are meeting their assigned goals as it pertains to their care program, and that they are adhering to program policies.
- Ensure that all programs and facilities utilize a grace-based model for community.
- Develop and maintain professional-quality case management files for assigned men as outlined in program(s) guidelines.
- Record, report, and maintain required records and statistical information including input into work therapy schedules and recovery program.
- Maintain an atmosphere in the dormitories that will be most conducive to safety, dignity, and cleanliness.
- Use independent judgment regarding program resident discipline, including barring and exiting based on Bridge program guidelines and management policies.
- Facilitate support groups and conduct daily Bible studies.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Ensure that all department programs and activities operate consistently with the Missions mission statement, corporate goals and core values.
- Provide direction in creating and implementing meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers may serve within the department.
- Attend all Mission meetings and trainings sessions, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattles Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to: