Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattles Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Access to reliable transportation (non-Mission) for work-related purposes required.
- Ability to break-down and teach theology, doctrine and Biblical Studies.
- Knowledge and understanding of case management standards and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Talk on telephone and use computer extensively.
4-year Bachelors degree required. Masters in Divinity in theology, counseling or related field from an
accredited college or university preferred.
Prior experience in ministry and/or addiction recovery field required.
One year of case management and/or discipleship experience required.
Prior experience with a rescue mission philosophy, preferred.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whos indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.