AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
Description of Duties:
- Address any safety concerns in Forming area.
- Compile and stratify data to identify sources of process waste and inefficiencies.
- Utilize a formal focused improvement methodology to lead process and quality improvement projects within the Forming area to improve plant profitability.
- Lead small team of hourly employees to execute process changes and perform equipment auditing within the Forming area.
- Monitor and trend process key performance indicators to identify and address any process abnormalities and improve process capability.
- Serve as technical expert in the Forming area to troubleshoot and resolve any process-related performance issues.
- Compile and present formal presentations pertaining to process performance metrics.
- Work with the Maintenance & Engineering Department to resolve any recurring equipment breakdown causes and improve equipment reliability through effective PM tasks.
- Work with Product Stream Engineers to drive Forming process improvement initiatives to address product-specific quality or efficiency issues.
- Work with equipment and material suppliers to address any performance or quality-related concerns.
- Develop and maintain ISO-controlled documents, as well as conduct internal ISO audits.