CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
a Christ-centered church committed to
live by FAITH, be a voice of HOPE, and be known by LOVE
Job Position Receptionist
(Position Description - part-time, hourly, non-exempt, administrative and at-will)
Campus Oklahoma City
General Scope of Position
Receive and direct guests and phone calls at the ministry front office reception desk of Crossings Community Church (Crossings or CCC).
The work week at Crossings is Monday Sunday. This position will work 24-28 hours per week with the following schedule Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 am to 5 pm, and fill-in additional hours as needed. Work days and hours are subject to event schedules as well as department and Church needs, which may require days and hours beyond or different from a typical work week.
Reports to the Front Desk Manager, and will work collaboratively and interact regularly with various vendors, CCC staff and volunteers across the various departments and ministries, venues, and campuses, as well as with partners of Crossings to accomplish the goals and mission of Crossings and its ministries.
Responsibilities/Duties (Including but not limited to the following)
- Receive, help and direct all guests (delivery drivers, vendors, contractors, etc.) at the ministry reception desk so that they may complete their visit with minimal difficulty
- Answering incoming calls and directing them appropriately or taking accurate messages
- Process outgoing mail for timely delivery each business day
- Receive, sort and deliver mail to the in-house mail stations by the specified collection times for each business day
- Assist ministries and departments in the completion of projects requiring USPS mailings, packet assembly, etc.
- Accomplish weekly duties associated with Cookie Ministry and Connection Ministry
- Keep the ministry reception area clean and neat in appearance at all times
- Assist in posting attendance from the Connection cards and reports from various database systems (Fellowship One and/or Text In Church)
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation
- Represent Crossings in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved
- Complete any other tasks as may be needed to fulfill this position or as may be assigned to fulfill the needs, mission and goals of the Connection Ministry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional people skills at ease greeting and directing guests
- Exceptional time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, with exceptional attention to detail
- Possess a passion for ministry
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
- Routinely exposed to and works with confidential departmental, budgetary, strategic, and volunteer information
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion, independent judgment and decision making within the scope of the job
- Ability to solve problems and implement strategies to improve processes
- Proficiency, competency and speed in computer operation including standard MS office software such as Word and Excel
- Proficiency in the use of Internet including Google Suite.
- Quick and accurate aptitude for acquisition of other software, database and scheduling applications such as Fellowship One and ServiceU
Physical & Other Requirements for Position
- Be able to walk a long distance (up to a quarter of a mile) and be able to lift and carry 25 35 pound parcels for distances of up to 500 feet.
- Possess a current drivers license.
A mature walk with Christ exhibiting the spiritual gifts of administration/organization, encouragement, helps, and hospitality.
Education and Experience
Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Receptionist experience required
- Computer experience required
- Plus additional specialized training in office database, software, and systems desired
Its desirable, though not required, that the Receptionist shall have:
- Completed a minimum of one-year undergraduate work and/or Vo-tech clerical training
- Experience in professional office
- Experience in a church or non-profit environment
Crossings Community Church, as a religious organization, reserves the right to hire based on religion.