Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) is a $34.5 billion statewide cash-balance defined benefit public retirement system, located in Austin, Texas, that provides retirement, disability, and death benefits to its almost 210,000 Members, retirees and beneficiaries.
The real estate / other public & private markets portfolio makes up 24% of TMRS’ asset allocation and is comprised of both private and public investment strategies across all hard asset categories (i.e. real estate, infrastructure, mining, etc.). The position will have day to day responsibilities within both asset classes but will work closely with the entire private markets group, including private credit and private equity.
The ideal candidate will be able to analyze complex data to ascertain relative risk/return characteristics across multiple asset types and geographies. The candidate must be intellectually curious and able to work in a collaborative environment focused on improving the team’s portfolio and approach on a day-to-day basis.
The position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
- Assist in due diligence & research process for potential investment opportunities.
- Monitor existing investment performance and risk for ongoing exposure and compliance analysis.
- Assist in portfolio evaluation and allocation decision making.
- Develop and maintain relationships within investment industry for due diligence and investment opportunity purposes.
- Assist in negotiation of potential new partnerships.
- Communicate analysis and recommendations to internal team members, external partners, investment committee and/or board of trustees.
- Coordinate with investment team, operations, legal counsel, third party advisors and investment managers.