This position is responsible for prepping, cutting, slicing, and packaging all specialty items for customers. All work is performed in a refrigerated warehouse setting with the temperature set to between 34- and 38-degrees Fahrenheit. It requires standing alongside a conveyor belt that moves washed fruits and vegetables to within reach or a table separate from the conveyor, cut, peel, or dice fruits and vegetable to a predesignated size. Weighing and packaging produce, arranging fruit and vegetable trays, labeling product and place them into required packaging for shipping.
- Cut produce using a knife, and other tools
- Ability to lift up to 50 #
- Stock inventory for the day’s orders
- Cutting, slicing, cleaning, and peeling produce
- Weigh and seal packages or containers
- Check quality of produce to meet quality standards
- Label packages according to item
- Responsible for completing customer orders in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain a clean work area
- Follow all safety procedures including and not limited to wearing of all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining Food Safety and Quality programs and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Follow GMP’s and Safety Guidelines
- Performs other related duties as requested