Skills & Abilities
- Resilience the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Communication the ability to communicate both verbally abstract concepts succinctly across teams verbally and in writing
- Analysis the ability to assess current business state and recommend more efficient solutions
- Problem Solver - the ability to anticipate, identify, and define problems. Seeks root causes. Develops and implements practical and timely solutions.
- Detail Oriented - Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Initiative - voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Anticipate needs and respond to situations proactively
- High school diploma or equivalent required AA preferred.
- 1+ year of experience in human services (paid or volunteer), preferably working with adults challenged by homelessness, mental illness and/or chemical dependency required.
- 2+ years of experience working in at least one of the following areas required: Public Safety, Security, Law Enforcement, or Military.
- Trained in Mental Health First Aid and Harm Reduction preferred.
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time; bend, stoop or reach. Also, the ability to be on ones feet and to work outside for approximately 25 hours per week. Talk on telephone and use computer extensively. Regularly lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements for this job and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of Seattles Union Gospel Mission.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
To serve, rescue and transform those in greatest need, through the grace of Jesus Christ.
To forcefully impact poverty and brokenness, affecting such significant change that our communities point to God!
- Sacred Relationships
- Passionate Urgency
- Strategic Effectiveness
- Courageous Belief
- Innovative and Scrappy