By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The main responsibility of this position it to maintain production of mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Additional responsibilities include media and supplement production, QC testing of methylcellulose-containing cell culture media, and cell culture of multiple cell lines. Perform additional duties as assigned. Preferred skills include cell culture, high attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills.
- Perform occasional mouse embryo dissection.
- Prepare and bottle all Stem Cell media, several kit-components, and custom media request.
- Prepare chemicals and reagents required for production of cell culture media.
- QC testing and analysis of methylcellulose-containing cell culture media. Maintain cell lines used for QC process.
- Component and chemical inventory tracking and maintenance.
- Media production for cost savings and lot testing purposes.
- Oral and written communications between multiple departments.
- Assist in production and packing of existing products as needed.
- Tracking of backorders, scrap components, pass/fail rate, custom order inventory, savings, orders and turnaround time.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.