The Customer Service Representative will handle in-bound and out-bound customer calls, research and resolve customer inquiries accessing the JNR Account database. Strong people skills and the ability to remain calm in stressful situation is needed. Prior customer facing experience is strongly preferred!
*This position is currently remote and remain remote until non essential offices are reopened by the Governor. Once our office is allowed to reopen, this position will be onsite at the corporate office in Irvine, CA.
- Answer incoming calls from customer ranging from 40-250 calls a day.
- Maintain accurate customer information.
- Research customer inquiries about incentive and reward programs
- Answer general cardholder/program participants questions via email
- MasterCard® Gift Card and Incentive Card Program data entry
- Respond professionally and efficiently to customer email inquiries.
- File enrollment and award forms
- Return mail management
- Other job duties as assigned
Qualifications, Requirements, or Competencies:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 to 3 years of Customer Service experience
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Time management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify potential problems using analytical skills and actively work to resolution
- Ability to work exceptionally well within a team environment
- Working knowledge of computer and keyboard entry data
- Ability to type 30+ wpm
- Competent in Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to handle multiple phone lines
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans
- 401K and financial planning
- PTO + Sick Days + Get your birthday off!
- 11 paid Holidays
- Business casual work environment
- Access to Gym and Game room in building
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear: sit at a desk, work under florescent lighting, and look at a computer for a long period of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JNR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. JNR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
In accordance with local Fair Chance Ordinance(s), qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, will be considered for employment.
We participate in E-Verify.