The American Psychiatric Associations (APA) Office of Accreditation and Compliance provides continuing education credit for mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, and social workers) through the Division of Educations vast educational portfolio. APA is accredited by ACCME, CESA, and ACE.
The Project Manager, Accreditation and Compliance will report to the Director, Accreditation and Compliance and is responsible for managing the Direct and Joint Sponsorship Programs to ensure activities meet the appropriate ACCME/Joint Accreditation standards. Other primary responsibilities for this position include coordinating with the Division of Education Business Units: Office of Scientific Programs, Online Learning and SMI Advisor on CE related tasks, working with the associated planning committees, adherence of production timelines, and assisting with various departmental tasks as assigned. The Project Manager is also responsible for supporting the Director of Accreditation and Compliance with developing, administering, and implementing administrative procedures and operational methods for the efficient review of CE activity proposals and ensuring that accreditation requirements are by internal and external stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the Direct and Joint Sponsorship Programs and serve and the primary point of contact for APA District Branches, APA affiliate organizations, and external organizations that participate in the program.
- Use project management approaches to create and track detailed work plans and timelines which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully implement the review and approval of direct and joint sponsorship activity proposals.
- Consult with the Director of Accreditation and Compliance on the processing of all CE fees and ensures that faculty and committee members adhere to budget/travel related policies.
- Serve as primary liaison for Office of Scientific Programs (OSP) APA Annual Meeting (AM) and Mental Health Services Conference (MHSC).
- Work with OSP staff, planning committees and faculty to complete activity proposals for OSP educational sessions and coordinate the collection of supporting documentation.
- Manage the evaluation process for the AM and MHSC:
- Coordinate with OSP staff on the development of the online evaluations.
- Travel to AM and MHSC and manage logistics of the computerized evaluation center on-site.
- Assemble information from all sources to create the annual evaluation reports.
- Maintain all files on the activities in accordance with ACCME/Joint Accreditation requirements.
- Work closely with the Director, Accreditation and Compliance and APAs Publications Department to ensure the American Journal of Psychiatry (AJP) and FOCUS: The Journal of Lifelong Learning Publications are compliant with ACCME/Joint Accreditation standards.
- Provide organizational support to staff within the Office of Accreditation and Compliance including drafting and reviewing documentation, summarizing data, organizing internal and external meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.