Opening in the spring of 2021, this two-story library will usher in a new level of access, experiences, and opportunities for the Cecil County community. Centrally located, it is within walking distance of the Town of North East and just minutes from the county’s many scenic waterways and I-95.
With sweeping sight lines and sustainable features, the first floor welcomes the public to discover new books, enjoy the peace of reading and study rooms, and build skills in the Digital Media Lab. Business Librarians will support entrepreneurs in the Business Commons, complete with collaborative workspaces.
The entire second floor is dedicated to families, youth, and their development. The intentionally designed Teen Center includes study rooms and an interactive technology station. The Children’s Room features an Early Literacy Center and hands-on STEM learning area. The unique Family Gathering Area bridges these two dynamic learning spaces.
Are you highly motivated to champion reading, build knowledge, and inspire curiosity in your community? Apply to become a part of the award-winning CCPL team, winners of the National Medal for Libraries.
Under the direct supervision of the North East Library Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager will lead and manage the Teen and Children’s Services departments at the North East branch of the Cecil County Public Library. This position develops, manages, and delivers a full range of effective and innovative programs and services that meet the needs of teens, children, families, and caregivers within the community. Manages the second floor operations of the North East Branch Library including an Early Literacy Center, dedicated Teen Room, and Family Gathering area. Works with the Branch Manager in planning and implementing branch goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the daily operations and staff of the Teen and Children’s Services Departments at the North East branch. Provides leadership, training, and guidance to youth services staff.
- Provides direct supervision, evaluation, and coaching to full and part-time staff in the Teen and Children’s Services Departments.
- Develops youth services initiatives and programs that are responsive to community needs and enhance services.
- Provides leadership and guidance in developing programming for youth ages birth-17 in North East.
- Develops and implements outreach and collaborative programming to the local school system and community based organizations.
- Works with the Branch Manager in establishing and achieving branch performance goals within overall system goals.
- Collaborates with the Youth Services Coordinator to develop and implement system-wide goals and long range plans for youth services.
- Provides guidance and training to staff in young adult and children’s literature and reference resources, programming, procedures and services.
- Monitors services and develops and make recommendations to the Branch Manager and Youth Services Coordinator regarding policies and procedures for the Teen and Children’s Services Departments.
- Manages departmental scheduling and statistics; compile and prepare reports, data and other written work.
- Provides reader’s advisory, reference, and technology assistance to youth, families, and caregivers.
- Collaborates with the Materials Management Selectors to develop, monitor, maintain, and evaluate the teen and children’s collections, ensuring full-service, relevant collections for teens, children, families, and caregivers.
- Keeps informed of and implements use of current technologies to enhance personal and department efficiency as well as patron services.
- Serves on internal and external committees.
- Participates in local and statewide initiatives, training, and associations. Attends seminars, workshops and continuing education activities.
- Serves as lead in the absence of Branch Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a diverse community.
- Models positive attitude toward library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the adopted policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.
- Demonstrates collaborative, straight forward, team oriented leadership and supervisory methods.