Opening in the spring of 2021, this two-story library will usher in a new level of access, experiences, and opportunities for the Cecil County community. Centrally located, it is within walking distance of the Town of North East and just minutes from the county’s many scenic waterways and I-95.
With sweeping sight lines and sustainable features, the first floor welcomes the public to discover new books, enjoy the peace of reading and study rooms, and build skills in the Digital Media Lab. Business Librarians will support entrepreneurs in the Business Commons, complete with collaborative workspaces.
The entire second floor is dedicated to families, youth, and their development. The intentionally designed Teen Center includes study rooms and an interactive technology station. The Children’s Room features an Early Literacy Center and hands-on STEM learning area. The unique Family Gathering Area bridges these two dynamic learning spaces.
Are you highly motivated to champion reading, build knowledge, and inspire curiosity in your community? Apply to become a part of the award-winning CCPL team, winners of the National Medal for Libraries.
Under direct supervision of the Branch Manager, the Circulation/Customer Service Supervisor leads and manages the daily operations and functions of the Circulation Department and Main Customer Service Desk in the system’s largest library branch. Also serves as lead operator for the automated materials handling system. Models exceptional customer service and empowers library staff to do the same.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides leadership, training, and guidance to staff and public for materials checkout and circulation services.
- Provides friendly, welcoming, and professional service to library users and plays key role in resolving circulation related customer service problems.
- Directly manages daily operations of the North East Customer Service desk. Provides direct supervision, evaluation, and coaching to full and part-time staff.
- Lead operator for the automated materials handler system and related functions. Works closely with Materials Manager to design and assess system logistics and workflow.
- Oversees branch meeting room booking system, reservations, and check-ins/check-outs.
- Manages departmental scheduling and statistics. Works collaboratively with Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, and Adult Services Supervisor to coordinate schedules.
- Responsible for supervising daily cash handling procedures, accountability and security routines.
- Performs various forms of analysis, including workflow, logistics, and statistical. Compiles and prepares reports, data, and other written work.
- Trains staff in circulation policy, procedures, equipment and technology.
- Works with Branch Manager to develop and implement department or branch goals within overall system goals.
- Monitors services, develops and makes recommendations to the Branch Manager regarding policies and procedures of the Customer Service desk.
- Provides general reader’s advisory services to library patrons.
- Enthusiastically promotes library services and programs to the community.
- Maintains facility and reports problems to appropriate staff.
- Serves as Librarian-in-Charge.
- Participates in local and statewide initiatives, training, and associations. Attends seminars, workshops, and continuing education activities.
- May serve on system-wide committees.
- Performs ongoing assignments of moderate to high difficulty.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a diverse community.
- Models positive attitude towards library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with all patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.
- Demonstrates collaborative, straight forward, team oriented leadership and supervisory methods.