Opening in the spring of 2021, this two-story library will usher in a new level of access, experiences, and opportunities for the Cecil County community. Centrally located, it is within walking distance of the Town of North East and just minutes from the county’s many scenic waterways and I-95.
With sweeping sight lines and sustainable features, the first floor welcomes the public to discover new books, enjoy the peace of reading and study rooms, and build skills in the Digital Media Lab. Business Librarians will support entrepreneurs in the Business Commons, complete with collaborative workspaces.
The entire second floor is dedicated to families, youth, and their development. The intentionally designed Teen Center includes study rooms and an interactive technology station. The Children’s Room features an Early Literacy Center and hands-on STEM learning area. The unique Family Gathering Area bridges these two dynamic learning spaces.
Are you highly motivated to champion reading, build knowledge, and inspire curiosity in your community? Apply to become a part of the award-winning CCPL team, winners of the National Medal for Libraries.
Under direct supervision of the Branch Manager, the Adult Services Supervisor/Librarian leads and manages the Adult Services department of the North East Branch Library. This position develops, manages, and delivers a full range of effective and innovative programs and services that meet the needs of adults within the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages and directly supervises the daily operations and staff of the Adult Services Department. Provides leadership, training, and guidance in information services, including adult literature and information resources, programming, technology, and procedures.
- Provides direct supervision and evaluation to full and part-time staff.
- Develops adult services initiatives that are proactive in responding to community needs and enhance library services.
- Leads the provision and development of high quality services to adults, including information and readers’ advisory service.
- Develops and market a vibrant adult materials collection that is responsive to community needs. Works with Branch Manager and selectors to implement systems-based collection practices.
- Develops outreach and collaborative programs with community based organizations.
- Works with Branch Manager to develop and implement department or branch goals within overall system goals.
- Oversees technology services and assistance to the public.
- Monitors and evaluates the success of adult services and programming efforts by collecting and analyzing data, preparing reports, and sharing outcomes.
- Manages departmental scheduling and statistics.
- Maintains accurate service statistics, compile and prepare reports, data and other written work.
- Monitors and develops services and make recommendations to the Branch Manager regarding Adult Services and collections.
- Participates on internal and external committees.
- Participates in local and statewide initiatives, training, and associations. Attend seminars, workshops, and continuing education activities.
- Serves as Librarian-in-Charge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of excellent customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a diverse community.
- Models positive attitude towards library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with all patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the policies and procedures of the Cecil County Public Library.