Opening in the spring of 2021, this two-story library will usher in a new level of access, experiences, and opportunities for the Cecil County community. Centrally located, it is within walking distance of the Town of North East and just minutes from the county’s many scenic waterways and I-95.
With sweeping sight lines and sustainable features, the first floor welcomes the public to discover new books, enjoy the peace of reading and study rooms, and build skills in the Digital Media Lab. Business Librarians will support entrepreneurs in the Business Commons, complete with collaborative workspaces.
The entire second floor is dedicated to families, youth, and their development. The intentionally designed Teen Center includes study rooms and an interactive technology station. The Children’s Room features an Early Literacy Center and hands-on STEM learning area. The unique Family Gathering Area bridges these two dynamic learning spaces.
Are you highly motivated to champion reading, build knowledge, and inspire curiosity in your community? Apply to become a part of the award-winning CCPL team, winners of the National Medal for Libraries.
Under the direct supervision of the Branch Services Manager, the Branch Manager leads and manages public services staff and operations of the North East Branch Library. Ensures the development and delivery of a full range of highly responsive services and strategic priorities across all library spaces, including the Business Commons, Digital Media Lab, Early Literacy Center, and dedicated Teen room.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the daily operations and staff of the North East branch library. Provide leadership that supports and empowers staff to give outstanding service to the public in regard to circulating materials, programming, readers’ advisory, information, and technology assistance for library users of all ages.
- Provides direct supervision, evaluation, and coaching to one Assistant Branch Manager and two departmental supervisors.
- Ensures the delivery of performance management methods and systems.
- Leads the implementation of system and local marketing initiatives at the branch level.
- Works with the Branch Services Manager to establish and achieve branch performance goals within overall system goals.
- Interprets, explains, and implements the policies and procedures of CCPL and ensures they are carried out in the branch.
- Coordinates departmental and branch scheduling within parameters of staffing budgets.
- Collaborates with Materials Manager and selectors, along with Adult and Youth Service’s supervisors to develop, maintain and evaluate the branch collections, ensuring a full-service, relevant collection for patrons of all ages.
- Serves as the key liaison to the greater North East community, civic groups, and town government.
- Works with department heads to coordinate and evaluate branch outreach that meets the needs of the North East community.
- Ensures library facilities are well-maintained and safe per CCPL standards; routinely monitors, maintains, and reports facilities issues to administrative staff.
- Manages and coordinates the implementation of branch projects.
- Resolves escalated patron concerns and issues effectively.
- Facilitates regular staff meetings and provide training as needed via verbal and written communications.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring of staff.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate service statistics; compiles and prepares reports, data, and other written work.
- Serve on internal and external committees.
- Participate in local and statewide initiatives, training, and associations. Attend seminars, workshops, and continuing education activities.
- Provide daily coverage at public service desks within the branch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of customer service, both internal and external.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a diverse community.
- Models positive attitude toward library technology and change.
- Maintains courteous, friendly, and constructive relationships with CCPL stakeholders, patrons and staff.
- Promotes and advocates a positive library image in the community.
- Maintains professional growth and awareness through training, self-directed learning and other means to stay abreast of current and emerging trends in the community and in libraries.
- Performs job in keeping with the adopted policies, procedures, and values of the Cecil County Public Library.