- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Ability to successfully complete a Jeff Ellis and Associate lifeguard training course. Courses offered through Ocean Breeze Waterpark. No prior certification required.
- Excellent recognition skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, customers and staff members
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision
- Be aware, attentive, and work well with others
- Energy and enthusiasm for long shifts
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions while taking precautions, including hydration and sun-protection
- Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays to meet business needs
- Must be able to swim 200 yards using front crawl (freestyle) or breaststroke without resting
- Must be able to perform a feet-first surface dive, retrieve a 10-lb. brick, and bring it to the surface
- Must be able to tread water without using arms for 2 minutes
- Must have 20/25 corrected vision
- Must be able to get in and out of a pool without a ladder
- Must be comfortable jumping in the water from varying heights
- Ability to climb stairs
- Must be able to respond to situations quickly. This may include running to various locations around the park while carrying up to 40 lbs. of weight
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time
Jump into our talent pool! Are you looking for a fun, outdoor place to work this summer and great co-workers like Hugh Mongous?
Flexible schedules! NEW for 2021 = higher pay rates! Free season pass for yourself and free tickets for friends and family!
No experience is required for many of our positions. We will train you and you will learn and build job skills.