- Associates Degree in culinary or hospitality. Equivalent work experience in the industry acceptable.
- Three or more years culinary experience required, large kitchen strongly preferred.
- ServSafe Manager and Allergen certification preferred. If the individual does not hold these, must be willing to obtain them through our ServSafe training program.
- Results oriented and flexible; takes action as soon as need arises and can demonstrate positive results; steadily follows through on tasks; able to find a balance between the business requirements and meeting client requests; absorbs new information quickly and translates key points into positive outcomes.
- Has a passion for food and is skilled in needed areas; good at visualizing how to develop new dishes, scale them appropriately to achieve a remarkable client experience. Demonstrated ability to gain buy-in, respect, trust, and accountability to achieve goals.
- High energy level; has demonstrated resilience, endurance and persistence throughout career.
- Can-do attitude; stays positive, even in the face of adversity; sets right tone for others. Collaborative in work style with others both inside and outside organization; respectful of what others can contribute.
- Believes in and routinely practices direct and honest communication; actively shares information openly with those who need to know; seeks collaborative resolution of issues; seeks others’ points of view and encourages independent thought; listens well.
- Personal values align with the company’s values and culture; treats people with respect and consistency; trustworthy; highly ethical; appreciates and engages in creativity and forward thinking; takes long-range view.
- Proficiency with electronic communication, Microsoft Office Suite, and related systems used in the industry.
Typical Mental Demands (Discretion and Judgment):
- Work requires independent ability to form opinions and make recommendations;
- Assignments are significant in nature and greatly impact business operations;
- Provides consultation and advice;
- Resolves concerns;
- Acts as a primary point of contact to outside customers and clients.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Work requires computer and usage
- Regular lifting of 25-50 pounds.
- Extended periods of time standing.
- Walking required.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work in a culinary kitchen environment and outside property.
- Schedule must be flexible for varied days/shift pending business need. Time ranges from 4:00 AM – 6:00 PM in-house. Events range from 12:00 Noon – 2:00 AM. Flexibility required for events - both evening and weekend.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Continental reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Continental or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It’s not intended to be all inclusive.
Continental is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.