As a Registered Nurse (RN) you'll be directly responsible for provide nursing care to children and adolescents served in our Crisis Psychiatric Care (subacute) facility and other children served as arranged by the treating psychiatrist and the program director. The RN is required to meet all state, federal, licensing and contract standards including accreditation body Behavioral Health Standards. The RN ensures safe management of all medical care for the children served. This positions requires a Bachelors’ of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in order to be trained and licensed by the state of Oregon to act as the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist.
Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
Whether you're just starting your career or looking for a new opportunity, this is a fantastic chance to make a meaningful impact while supporting children and adolescents with mental health challenges. Incumbents enjoy a good work-life balance and generous employee benefits.
Click here to learn more about Children's Mental Health at Kerr!
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- Complete the medical admission process.
- Provide routine healthcare, basic triage and emergency care including assessment and documentation of treatment of injuries.
- Serve in the Licensed Child Emergency Safety Intervention Specialist (LCESIS) role authorizing and overseeing restraints and seclusions. Oversee ESI’s and assist with OIS physical interventions as needed during crisis situations.
- Manage children’s medications by maintaining safe medication administration practices.
- Act as a medical/nursing resource to the children and families served and provide health education as needed.
- Prepare all discharge medication prescriptions and obtain psychiatrist signature prior to child’s discharge. Provide discharge medication instructions to client’s families/caregivers upon discharge to home.
- Proficiently complete phlebotomy services.
- Complete medication cart audits per policy.
- Assist line staff by supervising the children on the units to maintain milieu safety. Participate as a recreation leader and assist with any other unit activities as needed.
- Proficiently administer tuberculin skin tests for new employees.
- This position may include working other shifts as needed.
*May involve exposure to pathogens and possible assaults/injury.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)