The core purpose of the role is the strategic sourcing of raw materials for current and future finished goods. This role will work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Procurement team, and New Product Development team to source new raw materials in a way that adheres to Kettle Cuisines high-quality standards. This is to be achieved through the supply chain and fresh food industry knowledge and expertise. A person with high integrity toward vendors with excellent client engagement and communication skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the new raw material sourcing process, gathering relevant cost, logistic, and technical information to supply the Development, Technical, Purchasing, and Finance teams for decision making purposes.
- Coordinate with vendors all necessary documentation required by customers pertaining to the sourcing of raw materials including but not limited to sustainability, specification, and any other sourcing requirements.
- Guardian of the quality and sourcing of the Kettle Cuisine branded products ensuring ongoing Supply and innovation is seen as best in market.
- Working closely with Culinary group to ensure a collegiate and joint effort in the sourcing from ethical and environmentally friendly materials and relevant vendors.
- Ad-hoc analysis of various projects.
- Manage the new raw material sourcing process, gathering relevant cost, logistic, and technical information to supply the Development, Technical, Purchasing, and Finance teams for decision making purposes.
- Attend weekly Feasibility, New Product Development, and Ingredient Council meetings.
- Focus on external drivers and factors in relation to food and ingredient trends and fashions, investigate the competitor product activities and innovations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Procurement/Supply Chain and/or Food Manufacturing
- Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University with a focus in Business and/or Supply Chain
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, etc
- Financial and business acumen
- Strategic Thinking and understanding
- Project management and stakeholder engagement
- Strong presentation skills
- Fresh food industry expertise and experience
- Strong commercial focus and understanding
- Financial know how related to margin and profitability
- Strong Influencing skills and behaviors
- Highly organized and clear communicator
- Be a team player but independent spirit that challenges the status quo
- High standards of Quality both in Product and ways of working
- Results-driven finisher and completer
Kettle Cuisine takes the utmost pride in its people, products and reputation. Each employee is expected to understand and live our Core Values every day.
- Honor Food We create and produce the best tasting, safest, all natural recipes that strive for perfection in every batch, from bench to kettle
- Honor Each Other We seek to develop trusting, respectful and mutually rewarding relationships with all our team members and business partners
- Honor Development We recognize and nurture each others talents, strengths and interests in order to further strengthen and grow our team
- Honor Innovation We continually strive for creative and sustainable ways to achieve excellence