About Scarritt Bennett Center: Scarritt Bennett Center is a nonprofit, independent educational center and conference and special events venue located in the heart of Nashville, Tennessee, on ten tree-filled acres.
Scarritt-Bennett Center is a place of hospitality, education about justice and equality, reconciliation and renewal, cooperation and interaction within the ecumenical and global context. Rooted in mission, the Center has a strong commitment to the eradication of racism, empowerment of women, and spiritual reflection.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning and maintaining both public and private areas on our campus.
Supplemental Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all vacant guest rooms are cleaned for new arrivals in a timely manner, according to our cleanliness standards.
- Respond to any guests’ housekeeping request, including room refreshments, with timeliness and professionalism.
- Communicate frequently with the Front Desk staff and the Director of Operations regarding room status, guest needs, and supply needs.
- Stock and maintain linen inventory.
- Clean and refresh meeting rooms as needed for conferences (vacuuming, dusting, straightening furniture, etc).
- Clean all other shared spaces including guest lounges, front desk lobby, and public bathrooms.
- Report maintenance issues in a timely manner to our Director of Operations.
- Become proficient in the housekeeping aspect of our reservation software, to monitor check ins/outs and to update room status.
- Participate in all staff and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.