Skills, Experience and Capabilities
- Journeyman electrician license in good standing, required
- Positive driving record and valid state driver’s license
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact positively in a team environment
- Willingness and ability to walk a customer’s property which will include terrain and rooftops
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc)
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Superb customer service skills – a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor
Greater Advantage if you possess:
- Knowledge and understanding of Solar PV Basics, Fundamentals and Troubleshooting
- OSHA10 Certification
- NABCEP Certification a BIG plus
- WILLINGNESS AND EXCITEMENT TO LEARN!!!
About Solect Energy
Solect Energy of Hopkinton, Mass., is one of the top ten commercial solar developers in the U.S., according to Solar Power World. The company provides commercial and industrial businesses, cities and towns, and nonprofits throughout New England and Illinois with customized strategies for improving their businesses through solar. Solect’s services include solar financing, design, engineering, installation, operations and maintenance services, and system monitoring. The company installs rooftop and canopy systems, as well as solar energy storage systems that provide businesses with peak load reduction and emergency backup electricity in the case of power outages. Solect has installed more than 550 projects totaling more than 120 megawatts. The company, which was founded in 2009, employs approximately 70 people. For more information, visit us at solect.com.
Solect Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, citizenship, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition to a disease, lawful off-duty conduct or political activities, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, leave of absence, compensation, and training. Discrimination based on any of the above groups is strictly prohibited.