At New Narrative, we envision a future where everyone seeking mental health care can live the life they choose. From clinical care and peer support programs to housing, we provide resources so people seeking mental health care can develop the tools to thrive, not just survive.
If you believe in a radical rethinking of mental health services, that everyone is the author of their own story, and that services should apply to the whole person, not just the diagnosis – we want you on our team!
The Residential Support Specialist partners with service recipients in a 24-hour residential setting to provide a safe, clean, and supportive environment. This includes skills building, medication management, assisting in implementation of treatment plans, leading activities, and more.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who is passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of the individuals we serve. This is a great opportunity for someone just starting out in the mental health field. If you have experience as a caregiver, direct support professional, residential counselor or even customer service representative, you will have transferable skills for this role.
This position is eligible for a $1,500 hiring bonus!
What We Offer
- Benefits available for employees working 20 hours or more per week
- Support obtaining QMHA credentialing
- Opportunities for growth and development within the agency
- And environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
We offer both Part-Time and Full-Time schedules, with Day, Swing, and Overnight shifts available. If you'd like to see specific shifts, please visit our New Narrative website!
Overnight positions offer an additional $1.50/hour.
- Day (7:00am - 3:00pm)
- Swing (3:00pm - 11:00pm)
- Overnight (11:00pm - 7:00am)
Education and Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age and capable of implementing the emergency procedures and disaster plan
- QMHA credentials preferred
- Must be able to pass State of Oregon criminal records check