- BA preferred and/or 1-2 years of experience working in a relevant field;
- At least 1 year of experience using Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Excellent written communication skills with great attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with colleagues, interns and volunteers;
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to manage time effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment;
- Ability to be a strong team player and willingness to work as part of a diverse team with shared responsibility and accountability;
- Strong interest in professional growth and development in the fundraising field;
- Knowledge of essential computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong desire to support the work of The Fortune Society by increasing unrestricted funding; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - May require travel to our Harlem site along with some city-wide donor meetings, presentations, and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.