LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- This role provides a pathway for the equipping and theological formation of young adults exploring youth ministry leadership.
- Assisting in the planning and facilitating of summer youth group events for middle- and high-school age students, including worship, workshops, spiritual formation groups, evening vespers and mission projects.
- Co-leading worship with speakers and worship bands, assisting on-stage and back-stage.
- Spending time with youth participants during meals and some afternoon activities.
- Providing administrative support, including registration, marketing and communication for programming events.
- Participating and assisting in community events such as July 4th celebrations.
- Managing event T-shirt distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.