SUMMARY: Housekeeping Inspector is responsible for inspecting designated guest rooms and/or public areas in the effort to deliver outstanding service to guests and homeowners. Inspects all rooms after they have been cleaned to ensure that all hotel policies and standards have been met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspect rooms, verify and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms.
- Inspects all vacant ready rooms at the beginning of the day for condition and possible occupancy.
- Updates the in-house management system with the proper status of all rooms.
- Perform Room Attendant and/or House person duties, as needed.
- Assist in training Room Attendants.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, homeowners and other departments.
- Lists and itemizes lost and found items. Returns items to guests in accordance with the hotels standards.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork.
- Support safe work habits and contribute to a safe working environment at all times.
- Follow directions, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, contributes to a positive and rewarding team environment and refrains from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge resort/hotel service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task responsibilities and prioritize duties to meet deadlines and demands.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff and management in a professional manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Previous related hotel/Company industry experience and/or training.
- High school or GED graduate.
- Ability to read, comprehend and provide instructions, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at Company ranges from winter time lows of 30 degrees to summer time highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.