Basic Fun! is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of some of the worlds best known and loved toys including Tonka, Care Bears, Lite Brite, Lincoln Logs, Knex, Playhut and Cutetitos. Our products are sold by leading retailers and distributors throughout the US and over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an omni-channel go-to-market strategy with a strong presence on-line, in store and in family entertainment venues. Our iconic brands and broad product portfolio span generations and help create unforgettable memories.
In collaboration with the Sr. Director Brand Marketing, this position is expected to be a key business contributor for the company by taking ownership of the executional day-to-day product marketing needs for select brand(s) and work with sales, product management, creative services and other teams to achieve successful results.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Core Role
- Manage executional, day-to-day product, marketing and business functions for teams assigned product lines
- Product Management
- With direction from Sr. Director of Brand Marketing, manage Line Plans and execute elements of the product commercialization process for assigned brands / product lines, including collaboration with PD team; creating/ managing Product Start Forms, assisting in driving development to the product launch milestones; costing targets, margin requirements while delivering market-relevant product solutions with a strong price/value proposition.
- Manage the flow of information and communications with PD team and HKG office for assigned brands / product lines.
- Research market and industry trends, compile and provide updated trend and competitive information to aid product line and brand strategy
- Brand & Sales Management
- Assist with maintaining the established visual personality and brand identity for all assigned brands/product lines.
- In collaboration with Sr. Director of Brand Marketing, assist in driving packaging and graphic design direction with the Creative Services team.
- Manage submission process for product approvals with licensors in a timely and precise manner for assigned brands / product lines.
- Play a key role in managing brand information to Sales team including presentation materials, Brand Decks, etc.
- Oversee the flow of Product samples required for sales presentations, trade shows, commercial shoots and PR activities for assigned Product Lines.
- Track category trends and retail environments; use intel to help direct priorities and advise Sr. Director of Marketing accordingly.
- Within the first 90 days, learn the fundamentals of tracking and analyzing wholesale forecasts and retail POS with a keen eye on patterns, shifts and the so-what to help advise actionable plans for the business
- Marketing Communication
- Play a key role in executing each brands go-to-market strategy with the opportunity to lead various tactics (select PR, social media, promotions, events, digital projects, etc)
- Assist in the development of outbound communications, including Web copy and layout execution, trade show messaging, online advertising, print advertising, social media and sales collateral materials for assigned brands / product lines.
- Other duties may be assigned