POSITION SUMMARY: The recruitment and training generalist is responsible for the talent acquisition and knowledge management processes at Seattle Humane. This includes reviewing and improving existing processes, as well as creating new ones, working closely with organizational leadership and with the HR team, managing full-cycle recruitment processes and creating internal training programs aimed to improve professional and personal competencies of staff. The recruitment and training generalist is part of our small and busy HR team, and is expected to take an active part in the team’s mission of offering compassionate, professional and equitable service to Seattle Humane’s staff.
KEY OR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage Seattle Humane’s recruitment process: review job descriptions, post ads, screen resumes, conduct interviews, provide information for hiring managers, participate in salary negotiation and coordinate new employees’ onboarding and orientation.
- Serve as the applicants’ point of contact with the organization throughout the entire process and ensure timely and prompt communication with them.
- Work with management and teams to develop deep familiarity and understanding of job duties and work culture in Seattle Humane in order to accurately communicate these expectations to candidates.
- With the HR director, work to review and improve the inclusiveness of recruitment and hiring practices, reduce biases and remove barriers to ensure diverse applicant pools.
- Develop and diversify Seattle Humane’s hiring sources and programs, create relationships with community partners.
- Develop a measurement system for recruitment effectiveness. Report out and improve metrics over time.
- Stay current on trends and developments in the area of talent acquisition, and introduce them to the HR team and to Seattle Humane as appropriate.
- Conduct an organizational training needs survey and build a training program based on its results.
- Monitor organizational training budget and make sure it is utilized in an equitable way across departments.
- With managers, build and maintain Seattle Humane’s internal training offerings. Review content to ensure instructional and organizational standards are met.
- Implement an organizational learning management information system and become its administrator.
- With the HR director, create and facilitate internal HR training sessions: onboarding, anti-harassment and more.
- Stay current on trends and developments in the area of organizational learning, and introduce them to the HR team and to Seattle Humane as appropriate.
- Offer an exemplary level of service, internally and externally.
- Participate in organization-wide efforts, committees, and events.
- Take an active part in the HR team: participate in meetings, support colleagues, and offer a high level of care and compassion for both humans and animals of Seattle Humane.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, or a related field. Relevant experience might be considered in lieu of a degree.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certificate, or commitment to complete one within the first year of employment.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE/ABILITIES & QUALITIES:
- 2-4 years of previous experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- Experience in formal or informal training, education, or instructional design – a plus.
- Previous experience working with nonprofit organizations, in any capacity (volunteer, staff, board member) – a plus.
- Excitement and energy around Seattle Humane’s mission of “Saving lives, completing families”.
- Willingness to learn about animal welfare and to deal with the moral questions the field entails.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines and manage complex projects. A self-starter, facilitator, organizer and innovator.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusiveness.