We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is a fulltime benefit eligible position. Bilingual English/Spanish speaking required
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
Serve as liaison between patient and medical staff. Greet, register and schedule patients. Update patient identification, demographic, and insurance information. Print forms and schedules, Collect fees as appropriate.
- Answer inbound calls promptly and in a polite, professional manner.
- Schedule appointments per scheduling policies/procedures for medical, dental, mental health, and ancillary services provided at the McDonough Homes Clinic.
- Obtain and enter accurate demographic information into organization’s EHR.
- Verify insurance and provide information regarding MCC’s’s discount program.
- Act as a liaison for the patients and the organization by directing calls appropriately and using sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to a supervisor or triage nurse.
- Make outbound calls to reschedule appointments, respond to provider, clinical staff, and Patient Portal requests to call patients.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.