Product Development Manager – Girls Toys
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record managing design projects from concept to completion. Being successful meaning outlining timelines, hitting key milestones, managing budgets, enabling our design team and above all exceeding client expectations. The candidate must be great communication skills, capable of articulating and coordinating critical project details to a wide range of recipients. High functioning with minimal direction while enjoying the ability to manage aspects of the business. The candidate must also be well organized, energetic and possess a positive, professional solution finding attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited industrial design, toy design or related degree
• 6+ years experience in professional industrial design in the toy industry.
• Someone who’s willing to do all parts of the product development process as well as manage the daily communications with Asia.
• Ability to take a project from initial designs through to production.
• Create drawings, sketches and renderings to convey new concepts and ideas to engineering, marketing, packaging and management
• Create 3D mock-ups and kit-bashed models to communicate scale and function if necessary.
• Prepare control drawings, parts lists and descriptions for the construction of prototypes and tooling models
• Work on concept development with an understanding of cost and the mechanical engineering aspects of product development
• Apply industrial design excellence in the application of color and creation of form and surface.
• Participate in formal and informal reviews and brainstorming sessions to generate new product ideas
• Work as a team player
• Work with outside vendors to supplement internal development resources