The shift for this position is Monday - Friday, 2:00pm - 11:00pm.
The Research Associate is responsible for the routine execution of experiments supporting assay development, technical operations, and core lab. This position can be in different teams including assay development, core lab and technical operations depending upon business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Comply with lab safety
- Assist in study execution and experimentation for assay development, technical ops and core lab as defined by project(s) or business needs.
- Execute experiments on instruments (e.g. Accelerate Diagnostics, blood culture systems, MALDI systems or other susceptibility systems) after proper training and guidance.
- Execute conventional bacterial culture-based test methods using molecular, biochemical or microbiology approach after trainings and guidance.
- With detailed direction from Team Lead, prep and execute streaking, seeding, and some routine reference workflow
- Assist in non-technical aspects of lab workflow; mostly responsible for Culture Collection duties (streaking plates, seeding bottles, preparation of materials for lab workflow)
- Receives direction from Team Lead/Senior RAs for daily activities and assignments
- Prepare buffers, growth media, other reagents, and antibiotic stocks as required for experimentation.
- Assists in all aspects of lab workflow, record keeping, quality control testing