We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is not benefit eligible. These are On Call positions
The dental assistant position performs duties related to four handed chairside assisting for all varieties of dental procedures. The LDA must possess knowledge to perform all duties to enhance the smooth functioning of the dental clinic and perform all expanded functions permissible with a Minnesota License working independently under the direction of the dentist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires one to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other job families to provide an excellent patient experience.
- Consistently practices and ensures the use of universal precautions, hazardous and infectious waste precautions/handling, and right-to-know
- The assistant monitors and maintains operatory supplies, instruments, and equipment in preparation for patient care.
- The assistant will have general office skills to include knowledge of major insurance carriers, the discount program, and assist patients to complete necessary forms.
- Ability to establish good rapport with patients of various socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and adapt with flexibility in diverse and sometimes stressful situations. Performs other related duties as assigned.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.