LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US
- ·Prepares meals, using standard, approved menus in sufficient quantity and quality.
- ·Meets specific needs of calendar and scheduled events (regular and special).
- ·Operate all equipment necessary for food preparation including convection ovens, stoves, meat slivers, chopper, knives, steamers, steam kettles and skillets.
- ·Manage time so as to complete all the necessary tasks in the scheduled time.
- ·Maintain product inventory efficiently to reduce product loss due to waste.
- ·Discuss supply needs to immediate supervisor or Director.
- ·Keep all equipment, storage areas, and work areas clean and maintained to the standards set by the North Carolina Department of Health.
- ·Wear and maintain Lake Junaluska staff uniform.
- ·Comply with safety policies, practices and procedures, perform other duties as needed