LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Responsibilities will include assisting in all recreation areas such as: pool, boats, mini-golf, shuffleboard, beach volleyball, gym, and recreation equipment rental.
- Assist guests with watercraft rental to include canoes, kayaks, and stand-up paddle boards.
- Responsible for retrieving and storing all recreation equipment at the end of the day.
- Maintain recreation equipment to ensure it is in good working order daily. End of shift cleaning of equipment and general maintenance.
- Responsible for monitoring the pool deck and bathhouse area and attending to guest needs.
- In the event of an emergency, must be certified and able to perform the following duties; CPR and/or First Aid, rescue boat operation, lifeguard preferred.
- Routinely monitor recreation area(s) for cleanliness, areas include but not limited to: pool, bathhouse, beach area, mini-golf course, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, volleyball and basketball courts, and any other recreation areas as assigned.
- Responsible for sweeping/blowing leaves off all courses and courts.
- Responsible for pulling weeds in recreation area as necessary.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required to assure the success of Lake Junaluska mission and purposes.