LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Operate the mini bus and/or trolley in accordance with North Carolina laws, as well as established policies and procedures of Lake Junaluska Conference & Retreat Center.
- CDL Class B or C License required with Passenger Endorsement
- Excellent driving record a must.
- Operating Mini bus on and off campus; transport guests to various points.
- Operating Trolley on campus; transport guests to various points. At times, may be required to operate the Trolley off campus for maintenance repairs or for fuel.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills; consistently meet guest needs by assisting through effective and courteous communication, and good listening skills. And, at times, be available to guest that need assistance on/off trolley or bus, or with baggage.
- Must be in good physical condition to operate the Trolley and/or Mini bus and able to lift up to 25 pounds on or off Trolley/Mini bus.
- May be required to comply with random drug screenings as required and/or requested by the state of North Carolina.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.