We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This position is a .5 and is benefit eligible.
Bilingual Spanish/English speaking is preferred
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
- Seek to understand and meet the needs of customers (patients, families, vendors, co-workers, etc.) through respectful, courteous and culturally sensitive interactions.
- Actively participate and work positively, flexibly and cooperatively in a team effort within and across departments to accomplish the goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate effective, culturally sensitive communication skills and effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Know, understand and adhere to organizational policy related to the patient's rights for confidential care.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including those related to preparation/packaging/storage of products.
- Accurately enter written/electronic prescription orders into the pharmacy dispensing system.
- Accurately prepare prescription orders that have been processed through the pharmacy dispensing system for final pharmacist check.
- Collect cash from pharmacy customers.
- Aid in inventory management including but not limited to: updating medication on hand quantities, sending the daily drug order and verifying the daily received drug order.
- Aid in the processing of indigent patient drug program applications.
- Aid in the timely processing and authorization of outside pharmacy clinic patient refill requests.
- Maintain and utilize Script Pro SP 200 Robot according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepare and package prescriptions appropriately for mailing and central fill.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.