We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals to apply.
This is a fulltime benefit eligible position.
Perks of working for Minnesota Community Care
- We cover 70% of your medical and dental benefits
- Career Advancement fund opportunities after 1 year of employment
- Student loan forgiveness opportunities for some roles
- Reduced cost on metro transit
- Our staff thrive in an environment where uplifting each other is one of our core values
The Dental Sterilization Technician performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable dental instruments and equipment. The DST will work with dentists and dental assistants to ensure instruments used for procedures are cleaned, sterilized, and prepared for use. The goal is optimizing flow so patients are provided high quality care.
This position requires one to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other job families to provide an excellent patient experience.
- Maintains order and cleanliness in the sterilization area.
- Performs all opening, closing and maintenance procedures as described in sterilization and maintenance policies.
- Monitors biological and chemical solutions to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and dental equipment.
- Decontaminates wraps and sterilizes dental instruments following CDC guidelines and organizational policies regarding decontamination and sterilization.
- Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment.
- Performs daily biological indicator testing (spore testing) and maintains a log of the results
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of ultrasonic, M11 autoclaves, Statim and Miele.
- Assists clinical staff in optimizing patient flow. This will include restocking items, seating patients, ‘floating’, and supporting other dental team members with patient care.
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care.
Approximately 87% of our patients in the 2019 calendar year were people of color from Asian, African American, American Indian or Latino communities, and 98% of our patients had incomes below 200% of federal poverty guidelines.