ANA is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing, and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles such as, CATAN, Ticket to Ride, and Spot It among others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overarching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories. We base our success on our three core values both internally and in the wider market; honesty, integrity, and fairness drives everything we do.
Summary of Position
The Game and Print-Media Producer is responsible for managing numerous development projects and working with external partners to publish new games, expansions, scenarios, advertisements and graphic assets as well as work with our licensor, publishing partners, licensees and business units to create CATAN products for the English-speaking market.
- Work with CATAN developers and designers to ensure high quality projects that are finished on time and on budget.
- Work with other media platform development teams (internal and external) to ensure they receive the assets they require to promote the product.
- Manage the budget and meet the milestones of each active project.
- Maintain good relationships with internal business units and key external partners.
- Work closely with freelancers and play-testers to realize the projects.
- Assist in the creation of art briefs and collaborate with the licensor Catan GmbH, Catan Studios CCO, and CATAN Publishing Partners to ensure that all assignments result in high-quality pieces and that the graphic presentation is on brand, thematic, and functional.
- Layout and edit game text, including rules, cards, components, packaging, etc.
- Adhere to a prescribed style guide and production file creation systems.
- Use software proficiently to perform file work and layout on all types of product files.
- Maintain good communication and excellent relationships with valued licensors, licensees, designers, artists, writers, editors, business units, and play-testers.
- Interface with the Asmodee North America analog production team, follow their processes, and work with them to pioneer new processes.
- Create necessary essential assets for marketing initiatives, and deliver specific, perhaps custom, assets upon request.
- Assist in the maintenance of a digital catalog of essential CATAN assets to serve internal and external needs.
- Work collaboratively with several teams over internet-connected devices using MS Teams, Basecamp, Google-suite, Zoom, and several other web-based platforms.
- All other tasks as directed by management.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in computer graphic design, print design, and print production layout, or equivalent Bachelors degree (B.S. or B.A, graphic design, print production, or a similar field).
- 2-5 years experience in a graphics, advertising, or entertainment industry doing print layout, design, print production planning, or a related role.
- Concise and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and milestones and complete them on schedule.
- Highly proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and Acrobat) and MS 365.
- Proficient with Mac OSX, word processing software, spreadsheet software, Google docs.
- Proficient with Blendr or similar 3D rendering software.
- A good understanding of CATAN games and a broad understanding of other modern board games in general.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Strong technical writing and editorial skills (experience with tabletop rules, or technical manual writing a plus).
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively on projects.
- Willing to travel domestically or internationally on occasion.
Asmodee is an equal opportunity employer. We strive for and celebrate a diverse team in our effort to carry out our company values of honesty, integrity, and fairness.