The Donor Services Coordinator provides support to the Advancement & Alumni Relations department. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of the donor database (Jenzabar JX), processing daily gifts and acknowledgements, assisting in the development of prospects, donors and alumni through data analysis and research, and ultimately providing support for the fulfillment of the Advancement & Alumni Relations goals.
- Leadership Duties & Skills
Responsible for the University’s gift processing function.
- Execute daily gift entry received by the University from multiple sources.
- Produce, assemble and distribute acknowledgement letters for all gifts daily.
- Provide weekly reports of all gifts, as well as provide monthly reconciliation reports, annual audit reports and documentation to the Business Office.
- Retain accurate paper and electronic files of pledges, reports, and documents.
- Respond to donor and alumni inquiries and coordinate responses as needed with staff.
Maintain and manage the Advancement Team’s database management system.
- Maintain all donor and alumni records, safeguarding the integrity of the Advancement database (Jenzabar CX/JX system) and maintaining the confidentiality of the database as a record of fundraising, prospects, scholarships, alumni, events and other related data.
- Generate lists and reports on a regular basis or as requested from the database.
- Supervise and train student workers on ongoing projects and the use of the database systems.
Support the University’s Shaping Lives Campaign.
- Manage and maintain the major gifts moves management system, including the creation of donor profiles when requested by leadership.
- Ensure that Advancement Services best practices are being followed.
- Report on mailing, annual, campaign, pledged and deferred gift results.
- Implement advancement industry metrics and analytics to best support annual fund, major gift, and campaign success.
Provide support for the Advancement & Alumni Relations Team.
- Provide administrative support to members of the Advancement & Alumni Team, as well as the President’s Office as needed.
- Help with events such as Homecoming, Founders Day, Prayer Breakfast, World Leaders Forum, Advancement Stewardship, and other events as assigned, including registration, payment coordination, setup/teardown assistance and check-in services.
- Proofread documents, letters, and other mailings produced by the Advancement & Alumni Relations Team.
- Provide frontline assistance in answering the phones, email monitoring, maintaining stationary requirements, maintaining the copy machine, mailing contact batch entries, mail merges to create letters and labels, coping materials, and stuffing envelopes.
- May be required to work outside of regular office hours.
Student workers and or interns assigned to help with the workload of this position.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at the direction of the Vice President of Advancement & Alumni Relations.
- Other duties as assigned to support the work and mission of Judson University and the university Advancement & Alumni Relations Team
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the Judson culture and community
- Support the mission and goals of the University and the Advancement Office
- Promote a positive, Christ-centered work environment
Required Education and Experience:
- Education, Bachelors degree required
- Quick learner and detail minded
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Jenzabar database management or an understanding of database tables and how they work
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Good problem solving skills, well organized and strong critical thinker
- Teamwork orientated
- Customer service orientated
- Goal orientated both personal and team
- Basic knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Benefits for full time employees include a traditional tuition waiver program for employee and dependent (pro-rated by year until employed for four years), medical and dental insurance, retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holidays and two personal days per year.