JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper DIVISION: Administrative Office
REPORTS TO: Vice President/ In-House Counsel
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: No EEO JOB CATEGORY: 5 FLSA: Full-Time/Exempt
JOB PURPOSE: Oversees and supports administrative and bookkeeping functions for the Executive office. Routinely handles confidential, sensitive, and timely information, exercising discretion. Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card accounts, A/R, A/P, and payroll. Record keeping of documentation retention for CPA. Independently prepares meeting agendas, memos, correspondence, reports, presentations, and performs a variety of non-routine assignments. Coordinates busy and shifting office calendars, including coordinating and scheduling meetings, events, and conferences. Attends meetings to record, prepare, and distribute minutes and reports. Screens and prioritizes incoming visitors, correspondence, and telephone calls. Ensures efficient and organized office operations and maintains files and records. Coordinates business travel and tracks expenses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains executives calendar, scheduling, office supplies, and travel arrangements
- Prepares Board agendas, reports, and minutes
- Organizes special functions, luncheons, and group meetings
- Receive and distribute mail delivered to the office
- Oversees and coordinates office support services, including the preparation of reports, PowerPoint slides, and various types of presentations; the summarization of reports and materials for executive review; and the arrangement of meetings
- Manages assigned vendor relationships
- Identifies opportunities for process and office management improvements; designs and implements changes
- Prompt and regular attendance is required
- Maintains good working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws
- Reconcile bank accounts every month
- Post payments to QuickBooks system.
- Enter data, maintain records, and review reports and statements
- Process accounts receivable/payable using QuickBooks
- Assist in handling payroll in a timely manner
- Set up and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Assist with posting job openings and hand-out and accept applications.
- Onboard new hires, including processing new hire paperwork
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The position requires:
- 5-7 years of experience in an administrative or office management role
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, data management, and desktop publishing applications
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be comfortable developing and working with spreadsheets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in reasoning analytically, problem-solving, managing projects, performing research, and managing records
- Ability to operate independently, use discretionary judgement, and able to prioritize
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential, plan and execute diverse tasks at the same time without supervision
- Familiarity with corporate structure and political, government and legislative processes
Bachelors degree in a financial or business-related field
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Additional work hours may be occasionally required in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift, move and carry objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
NOTE: This job description describes only the key areas of responsibilities and will vary depending on the business needs of the Company.
Farmers Investment Co is an EEO employer M/F/Vets/Disabled