JOB PURPOSE: The Sales Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the store customers. This service includes greeting the customer, assisting them in finding what they want, up-selling product through an active sales approach, resolving any customer complaints or problems, completing their sales with payment, assisting them out with their purchase, and ensuring their return. The Sales Associate is also responsible for upkeep of the store displays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide excellent Customer Service to customers in the Store. To greet all customers, assist them in identifying their wants and needs, showcase the products, actively market the products to them, and assist them to identify and purchase related products.
- To accept payment and manage the cash register handling cash and credit card purchases.
- To identify and resolve any customer complaints and problems ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To stock all areas of the pecan store, displays, back room, walk-in; to organize the product displays, and keep all areas of the store clean and neat.
- To handle Mail Orders with answering phones, taking orders, and doing inventory as requested and needed. To cross train in all areas of mail order.
- To run reports of sales and reconcile daily sales for deposit.
- To assist with daily inventory
- To assist with training of new staff as needed and requested.
- To open and/or close store as needed depending on shift.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
To accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must love working with people.
- Must be friendly and outgoing.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service.
- Skill in using office equipment including computer, cash register, multi-line phones, calculator, fax, copier, scanner, credit card machine, and security alarm system.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and functioning effectively as a team member.
- Skill in excellent customer service with the ability to connect with people, demonstrate personable and friendly attitude, develop the sales relationship, and sell product.
- Ability to be patient, flexible, handle change well, and show maturity.
- Ability to demonstrate honesty and trustworthiness.
- Ability to learn quickly and function effectively with minimal supervision.