WHAT DOES SOLARI DO?
Since 2007, Solari Crisis & Human Services has provided vital services to thousands of individuals throughout Arizona and beyond. We are an award-winning non-profit organization, based in Tempe, Arizona. We partner with communities to provide solutions that improve public access to local services and resources. Solari provides direct crisis and human services through their two divisions of services: Crisis Response Network and Community Support Network.
Mission: Inspiring Hope
Vision: Empowering transformation from hope to health
Values: Compassion, Effort, Ownership
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
Develop strategic relationships with key community stakeholders to improve service delivery. Research, document processes and help implement and improve both internal and community-based programs on the topics of social determinants of health.
- Represent and actively engage civic, religious, and social organizations serving key demographic groups to understand, track and document service delivery.
- Partner and coordinate with key stakeholder organizations and community social service providers to increase awareness and utilization of the 211 program and CRN services.
- Outreach and identify new community resource partners and establish relationships built on trust and mutual respect.
- Provide thorough and clear feedback and reporting related to 211 community system processes, effectiveness and updates.
- Map community resources to support the efficacy of the 211 referral process in metro and rural Arizona.
- Develop a strong working knowledge and best practices to facilitate Housing, Healthcare, Economic, and Food security information and knowledge sharing to address social determinants of health (SDOH).
- Participate in and facilitate research to improve system performance internally and externally.
- Actively partner with program leadership to ensure the successful implementation and maintenance of internal SDOH projects.
- Evaluate success and impact of internal SDOH projects.
- Assist in the facilitation of closed looped referrals.
- Assist in care coordination for complex cases.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize and work independently and consistently with limited supervision.
- Must be comfortable working in the field with community partners while working independently and in an autonomous manner.
- This role is heavily focused within the local/regional community with 50% or more travel. When not actively in the community, this position is a remote work position and will require a reliable work from home set up.
- Other duties as assigned
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Diversity and Cultural Proficiency
- Is open to being an active learner, participating in discussions with others, trying new approaches and ideas, and being self-aware and self-reflective for continual personal, professional and leadership growth.
- Strategically plans for diversity initiatives as they relate to Human Resources, including talent acquisition, development and retention.
- Actively promotes staff development by initiating and encouraging communication with employees about issues of diversity and discrimination.
- Supports activities of Solari’s Diversity and Inclusion Taskforce.
Professionalism and Work Conduct
- Consistently demonstrates Compassion, meets people with compassion; Effort, every interaction deserves my best effort; and Ownership, owes the success of the company.
- Acts in a professional manner at all time and maintains appropriate boundaries with clients and staff.
- Reports to work, meetings, training, and job related activities prepared and as scheduled.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Public Speaking, Working Independently, Strong Research Skills, Strong communication skills; Detail-oriented and organized; Self-directed; Experience leading teams and projects
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal contractors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination or you will need to provide documentation to request a legally required exception.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree 3-5 years or relevant experience; or High school diploma or equivalency and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Health, Human or Social Service organization
- Work Location – 100% Remote
- Applicant must live in Northern Arizona, position is remote
- Travel: 25% - 50% in northern Arizona
- Must have access to a vehicle
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Must maintain at least minimum state required auto insurance
- Fingerprint clearance card is required
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Exposure to noise typical with office operations.
- Ability to hear and speak.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Ability to work from home
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous vacation & sick time
- Health benefits that start the first of the month following hire date
- Competitive compensation
- And many more great perks!