In partnership with executive leadership, manage Registrar’s Office strategies and activities that promote the development of a knowledgeable and empowered staff, and lead innovative approaches student records and enrollment initiatives. This will include administration, coordination and evaluation of student records policies and procedures, programs and practices and management of a high performance work team. Registrar will work to ensure consistent data collection and reporting for both external and internal partners, and implement a comprehensive research program to support The College’s strategic initiatives, institutional decision making and accreditation activities.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Registrar’s Office, effectively recruiting, training, motivating, and supervising staff, and ensuring that supervisory practices are in compliance with the spirit and intent of the College's policy on diversity and EEO/AA guidelines.
- Prepare and maintain a department budget to accurately forecast and reconcile department costs. Improve department efficiency by best use of allotted funds.
- Oversee and provide direction in the administration of student academic records to include the planning and coordinating the activities and work cycle of the Registrar’s Office.
- Assess, modify and implement best practices in the field of records and registration to provide excellent services to all constituencies.
- Promote effective relationships with college faculty and staff for support in student records efforts, events and activities.
- Serve as the primary liaison with learning department to recommend and develop academic policies and procedures.
- Research, analyze, and resolve student disputes as they relate to records.
- Responsible for collecting, recording, maintaining, and reporting of student academic records based on FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) guidelines.
- Ensure Registrar’s Office procedure manual is maintained and kept up-to-date.
- Serve as the department resource on the curriculum, maintaining current and detailed knowledge of all curriculum changes.
- Collaborate with a wide range of the college stakeholders to interpret and implement effective administrative practices. Evaluate administrative and academic information policies and processes and identify opportunities for improvements.
- In partnership with IT, lead the implementation of new systems and technology changes to improve administrative processes. Integrate new systems with existing systems and administrative and academic practices to achieve desired results and meet expectations.
- Plan policies and procedures for records and registration management; ensure that student record data are entered, processed, used, and interpreted correctly both internally and externally.
- Oversee the activities in preparation for commencement exercises as well as graduation processing occurring in PowerCAMPUS.
- Plan, conduct, and supervise multiple complex assignments. Provide necessary direction and coaching to staff to ensure department objectives are completed.
- Conduct regular and productive department meetings to foster open communication, promote continuous improvement and create an inclusive working environment.
- Provide and maintain records and data accurately to meet compliance of organizations such as HLC, DOE, MOHE and IPEDS.
- Oversee the completion, editing and publishing of the College catalog/student handbook and other documents such as forms containing academic policies.
- Communicate with students, faculty and staff to insure that procedures and deadlines are clear and coordinated with academic requirements. Adapt operations to specialized academic needs as appropriate.
- Ensure institutional compliance with FERPA.
- Coordinate and ensure that all appropriate external regulatory reports, reviews and information (e.g. IPEDS), are submitted within expected timeframes.
- Report of The College’s progress in comparison to peer and aspirant institutions.
- Supervise the research, compilations, and verification of statistical data on the institution.
- Coordinate collection of data and complete internal and external requests for information/surveys (e.g. Petersons, US News and World Report, Wintergreen, etc) and as requested by Senior Management.
- Compile and analyze select competitive comparisons with regard to enrollment processes and new strategic enrollment and retention initiatives.
- Create and conduct internal and external surveys, such as alumni surveys and graduate experience surveys.
- Coordinate student surveys such as Noel Levitz and Admitted Student Research
- Ensure and maintain accuracy of statistical data on Dunwoody website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strategic Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level. Makes good decisions. Provides sound advice and problem solution. Provides honest and in-depth analysis on problems and issues. Effectively presents creative ideas of others. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Operating Skills: Makes decisions in a timely manner. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Holds frequent development discussions. Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions. Sets clear objectives and measures. Monitors process, progress, and results. Is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data. Creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
- Courage: Has difficult conversations as necessary. Provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others. Is a good judge of talent.
- Energy and Drive: Is action oriented and full of energy for challenging tasks/issues. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Organizational Positioning Skills: Can maneuver through complex situations effectively and quietly. Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly.
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all. Treats direct reports equitably. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose. Adheres to Dunwoody’s core values. Is widely trusted - Keeps confidences and admits mistakes. Practices attentive and active listening. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself.