Shift4 Payments (NYSE: FOUR) is a leading provider of integrated payment processing and technology solutions, delivering a complete omnichannel ecosystem that extends beyond payments to include a wide range of value-added services. The company’s technologies help power over 350 software providers in numerous industries, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. With over 7,000 sales partners, the company securely processed more than 3.5 billion transactions annually for over 200,000 businesses in 2019. For more information, visit shift4.com.
Performs the duties of a systems administrator to ensure the continuous operations of our computing infrastructure that supports a 24x7 online transaction processing environment in a stable, secure and scalable fashion. Additionally, participates in the afterhours on-call rotation and acts as backup for those administrators when assistance is needed.
- Escalation point for Network Operations Center (NOC) and Gateway Application Support (GAS).
- Responsible for management of payment gateway and supporting systems including datacenter and corporate infrastructure (VMWare, Windows, Active Directory, Code, Deployment tools, web services, automation and other enterprise services).
- Maintenance of standard operating procedures for system builds, application loads, custom configurations, server hardening, vulnerability remediation and patching.
- Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met, including participation in recurring certification, internal and external audits, security hardening, and policy development.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for server technology and back office infrastructure systems for new development efforts, new technology investments and other business innovations.
- Excellent problem management and time management skills, able to prioritize and drive projects with respect to milestones and deadlines.
- Participates in after hours on-call rotation and willing to travel to other business locations as appropriate.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science related field, or work comparable experience.
- Preferred qualifications include graduate studies and/or continuing education courses.
- At least 1 year of systems administrator experience in a Windows environment, mixed environments with Linux systems is preferred
- Managing systems in a highly available or OLTP production environment is required.
- Excellent communication, organization and project management skills.
- Basic Linux (RedHat or Solaris) experience (patching, account management).
- Basic MS SQL Server DBA skills (query creation).
- VMWare certifications a plus.
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Cloud certifications (AWS, Microsoft or Google) and other platforms are a plus.
- Splunk, Palo Alto, HPE, Cisco platforms
- CRM and ERP systems
- Linux systems (Redhat, CentOS)
- HPE Storage systems (3PAR, StoreOnce) and storage switches (Cisco MDS, Brocade)
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.