What this position is:
The Production Quality Lab Technician will serve as a specialized technical resource to the operations and quality teams on the assigned shift to ensure integrity of the advanced lab testing and efficiency of the in-process quality functions. In support of the Radius goal to improve ourselves, our team, and our environment through leadership, attitude, and communication, the Production Quality Lab Technician will need a safe, practical, hands-on approach to improving the work environment for all Radius members and must also demonstrate a desire for personal improvement, provide examples of teamwork initiatives and direction, and illustrate positive contributions to their environment.
What we need you to accomplish:
- Perform in process inspections, measurements, audit auxiliary equipment and test to meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Interact professionally and effectively with customers during audits and in support of positive release programs.
- Accurately document and communicate quality measurements, nonconformance and incidents to ensure quick appropriate action is taken to prevent non-confirming product from getting to the customer or resulting in catastrophic on hold situations.
- Follow up on rework, open items, out of spec synergy readings and audit findings from individual cell audits.
- Work with and across teams to prevent contamination and create corrective action plans.
- Support cell teams to record defects and scrap according to scrap and defects process, rework, labels change, spec sheet and regrind as necessary after appropriate sign off.
- Assist in qualifications of new bottles and reviewing the requirements with line members.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement activities throughout the plant, including 6S standards.
- Mentor Production Quality Inspectors, acting as a backup in the event of absence or need for additional resources. Support and back up critical processes of the Lead Quality Technician.
- Assist in developing all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant. Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
- Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
- Perform other support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by administrative leadership.
- Compliance to GMP, Food Safety, and Food Quality regulations as required by the company, customers, and/or government agencies.
Our customers like to work with us because we understand and follow our quality standards to maintain excellence in manufacturing, with particular regard to food safety requirements. Our members follow and support our safe practices and food safety standards, because we know it’s required by our customers, but also understand how important it is to their customers. In many cases, those products end up in our own homes.
We are proud of what we do and how we do it.
OUTSTANDING COMPANY CULTURE
Radius Packaging credits their success to putting people first- both its members and its customers. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, Radius Packaging creates an environment focused on collaboration, innovation and hard work, where members are excited to learn and grow. Through various events, educational resources, committees, clubs and programs, members find more than just a job at Radius, but a community that prioritizes each members' financial, mental, physical and emotional needs. Radius is proud to continuously invest in their member sand provide them with opportunities to pursue their passions at work, at home and in their communities.
- High School diploma or equivalent reading, writing, basic math, and critical thinking skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have 1-3 years of experience in a technical measurement or quality control background or a minimum of 3 months SCI quality experience.
- Demonstrated capability to use computerized programs to navigate and collect data and prepare basic reports.
- Position requires high attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to interpret product specifications and technical documents.
- Must be able to read and write in English to accurately identify packing information, follow work instructions and QA alerts.
How do our shifts work? Full time status | 3 Day Work Week
Night Shift: 6:45 PM-7:00 AM
Schedule: 3 Days per week and Benefits Eligible
Weekly Bonuses for Perfect Attendance and Quality!!
Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Must be able to lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks.
Must laugh at jokes and enjoy attempts at humor from other members, no matter how feeble.
Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.
Minimal local travel required.