**To be considered for the position you must complete our application process directly through our website at www.wnpa.org/jobs. Please do not apply through a third-party recruiting website (Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.).**
WNPA is a nonprofit education partner of the National Park Service. WNPA supports parks across the West, developing products, services, and programs that enhance the visitor experience, understanding, and appreciation of national parks. Learn more at www.wnpa.org.
Under minimal supervision, works to maintain WNPA’s technology including server maintenance, software maintenance, and desktop hardware. Provides support and solutions to day-to-day issues as well as being the “go-to” person for IT.
This role is responsible for completing the following tasks and any related tasks as assigned:
- Ensure the security of data and information.
- Oversee troubleshooting, system backups, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Complete network administration tasks, including the installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of the LAN/WAN/wireless architecture, equipment, server, and related services.
- Set up, maintain, and update all hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as needed.
- Integrate systems across multiple software platforms.
- Maintain familiarity with technical specifications and system requirements.
- Provide orientation and training for staff about uses of new and existing technologies.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of all hardware and software.
- Define, document and apply IT procedures and best practices for the organization.
- Communicate work order status and maintain a log of required repairs and maintenance.
- Make technology recommendations based upon the strategic priorities of the organization.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT-related information to departments.
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Provide support to Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Administer telecommunication infrastructure including: cell phones, IP phones, and internet.
- Respond to support calls on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
This role must possess advanced to expert knowledge of, skill in, and/or ability in the following:
- Virtualization of servers.
- Network administration, e-mail administration, database administration, server maintenance, hardware and software administration.
- Mobile devices (iPads, iPhones, e-readers).
- Planning, organization, analyzation, problem solving, multitasking, and communication.
- Diplomatic and effective communication, verbally and in writing, with internal employees as well as WNPA’s board of directors, visitors, members, donors, volunteers, and members of the public.
- Interpreting instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or other format.
- Making independent judgments and maintain attention throughout performance of duties.
- Customer service.
- Working alone and with a team.
- Computer programs including Internet, databases, and Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Equipment including computers, printers, multiline touch tone phones, and photocopiers.
This role must be able to meet the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily perform work indoors, where temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud during times of high customer volume or special events. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions. Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Sit at a desk for up to eight hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required.
- Make repetitive motions, especially of the hands and wrist (grasp, pinch, type, write) and legs and back (stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, crouch).
- Communicate effectively (talk, listen and hear, see both near and far with accurate depth and color perception).
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull up to 50 pounds a distance of about 25 feet.
Occasional travel may be required to various park locations, events, conferences, and/or speaking engagements. Occasional overnight trips may be required.