SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Applications reviewed until filled
Please download, complete, and attach this document in lieu of a cover letter. For your application to be considered you must have this RFP completed.
The work location for the consultancy will be in Moldova/Ukraine. The consultant is expected to work from May 15th – August 14th 2022. Accommodation, per diem food/incidentals, visas, and travel related to working at field location will be covered by Medical Teams.
To coordinate and lead Medical Teams Ukraine regional health response in collaboration and direct line management of Medical Teams HRT Response Manager.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Expectations for this short-term contract are outlined broadly in this Call for Proposal. This role with Medical Teams is a dynamic one with the context continually changing, thus this position requires flexibility. The broad outline of activities offered below recognizes that details may change in order to address needs identified in the field. Activities enumerated below are to be undertaken in Ukraine/Moldova between May 15th – August 14th 2022.
The consultant will serve in the role of Medical Coordinator for a maximum duration of up to 90 days (with expected hours per week of 40 hours or more) The consultant will be flexible, able to manage time; and, be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with role, and level of experience, on short notice.
- Tasks likely to be undertaken:
- Support establishment of new health responses through presenting proposals for negotiations to the country team with local authorities (MoH, local government and coordination entities and other NGOs), define activities, design of org charts, hiring and training of new staff and begin implementation activities as a part of direct health services, health systems strengthening or community systems strengthening.
- Assess newly identified health needs through facility assessments, key informant interviews, surveys to identify humanitarian health needs and define key recommended interventions required to address needs.
- Complete assessment reports on needs and support the presentation of them to donors with Medical Teams staff.
- Supports the recruitment of national and international staff to implement response strategy and oversee their work and utilization of any expatriate volunteers in a response.
- Collaborate with the logistics team to support procurement of medical items to required specifications and quality per Medical Teams procurement guidelines and those of relevant donors
- Represent Medical Teams, when requested, through active participation in local and national coordination platforms such as the Health Cluster or Sector working groups or task teams.
- Establish and support health information systems for monitoring program implementation and health trends in line with the local MOH and coordination body requirements.
- Establish beneficiary tracking platforms and accountability mechanisms.
- Collaborate with response leadership to monitor work plans, identify and complete other relevant response startup tasks.
- Ensures MEAL monitoring systems are in place in accordance with Medical Teams guidance and standards.
- Develops strategic partnerships with local organizations, wherever possible.
- Assists in organizing and leading donor and monitoring site visits to health program activities; travel with donors as necessary.
- Ensures implementation of and compliance with MTI’s Safety & Security Policy and standards for MTI operations.
- Ensures the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and Employee Code of Conduct policies.