The Director, Brand Marketing is responsible for working with the VP, Brand Marketing on the strategy, development and management of consumer marketing initiatives for Crown Media Family Networks including paid advertising efforts, email marketing, promotional partnerships, synergy initiatives, sweepstakes & contests, experiential events, and other projects that create awareness and engagement in support of our key business priorities. This role entails management of external media, creative, and promotional agencies, collaboration across multiple departments, budget management and supervision of the Manager, Brand Marketing.
- Spearhead the strategy & development of consumer marketing initiatives for CMFN, developing innovative & impactful multi-platform campaigns that effectively reach our target audience to create awareness, drive engagement and build our brand extensions.
- Work with internal and external creative teams to develop best-in-class tactics that strategically align with media vehicles & further our marketing communication goals.
- Manage the creative brief development process from start to finish including reading scripts, identifying key strategic insights and writing strategic briefs to create impactful 360-degree campaigns & ensure cross-departmental alignment.
- Develop the overall email and mobile app communication strategy, supervising execution of multiple campaigns to drive acquisition, retention and re-acquisition for Hallmark Movies Now, constantly optimizing and refining communications across the consumer lifecycle.
- Lead complex targeting and personalization strategies for our SVOD initiatives to deliver the right message to the right consumer at the right time to drive free trial sign-ups, engage current subscribers and reduce churn.
- Develop internal and external partnership marketing initiatives to secure earned media impressions around key business priorities. Manage ideation, negotiation, campaign development, execution and program evaluation.
- Conduct partner outreach across multiple categories such as retail, packaged goods, travel, music, and publishing with the goal of developing organic partnerships that extend our franchises, drive business goals and build consumer affinity for our brands.
- Work in conjunction with the research team to use data and analytics to maximize ROI and inform future advertising and partnership strategy across multiple platforms.
- Oversee marketing budget including monthly/annual planning and reporting.