The Community Outreach Worker will disseminate clear, consistent, and culturally responsive information about the COVID-19 vaccine and facilitate communication between the migrant and seasonal agricultural workers, farm owners, public health, and community service providers, to remove barriers to access and ensure equity in COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
Assist with the deployment of initiatives to bring education, resources and guidance to partners, agricultural farms, and migrant camps to support the migrant and seasonal agricultural workers to address and mitigate vaccine hesitancy.
- Identify geographies and town and village population centers where migrant and seasonal agricultural workers are likely to reside and develop and engage in outreach activities to connect and provide clear, accurate, culturally, and linguistically appropriate information about the COVID-19 vaccine, such as ingredients, potential side effects, benefits to being vaccinated, and vaccine availability.
- Build and maintain positive collaborative relationships with current FHLC partners and expanding relationships with growers, farmers, and food processing companies to promote COVID-19 vaccination efforts.
- Talk to individuals about barriers to receiving the vaccine, support problem solving, and elevate their voices in COVID-19 vaccine planning and implementation.
- Link and refer migrant and seasonal agricultural workers and their employers with appropriate health care and social service/community resource networks to promote COVID-19 vaccination.
- Assist individuals navigate vaccine registration process; provide information about vaccine locations.
- Provide feedback to the Outreach team regarding opportunities to improve accessibility or acceptability of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Utilize and promote safety principles that model COVID-19 risk reduction (i.e., wearing face covers or masks and other PPE, social distancing, and handwashing)
- Maintain a process for documenting, monitoring, and maintaining outreach activities including data on why specific groups may not be interested in getting the vaccine.
- Must adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Other duties as assigned.