Description: The Director of Data Analysis provides leadership and performs all necessary functions related to the collection, interpretation, and use of institutional data for compliance reporting, planning, assessment, and decision making. The Director of Data Analysis will assist in facilitating access to information maintained in the College’s administrative/student information system to support college operations and monitor key institutional indicators, ensuring the integrity of data/information released in reports or studies, and providing data analysis, reporting, or research as needed to support institutional objectives.
The Director of Data Analysis will assist in:
- Establishing, administering, and coordinating the College’s institutional research activities including collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting information on the characteristics of the college for use in decision making
- Working closely with appropriate college offices in research and statistical analysis as needed for various projects
- Serving as liaison and providing necessary support for the College’s institutional effectiveness, planning, accreditation, evaluation, and program assessment activities
- Preparing data for submission to various authorities at the federal, state, and local levels for data reporting, research studies, or surveys
- Maintaining and distributing data, studies, or research to support the planning efforts of the College
- Developing and implementing processes for collecting, linking, and analyzing data from a variety of sources including internal systems, state and federal agencies, other higher education institutions, employers, etc.
- Monitoring the overall integrity of data, complying with state and federal requirements and taking appropriate steps to correct data discrepancies when noted
- Working with areas of the College responsible for data input to improve process for collecting and inputting accurate data into the data system
- Developing, administering, analyzing, and reporting on surveys that measure engagement, performance and satisfaction for both students and employees; managing and maintaining the web survey software
- Providing support and training in continuous quality improvement methods and the use/analysis of data related to effective practice of continuous quality improvement