To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must complete 12 hours of continuing education – provided through community in-services.
- Must be fluent in English and have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Must work with other staff towards overall resident care.
- Ability to report to work at least 15 minutes early to conduct a “walk-though” with previous shift personnel.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit and maintaining a harmonious work environment.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Develops and maintains positive relationships with residents, co-workers, families, and other agencies; Interacts with residents with dignity and respect; Maintains confidentiality.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
- Professionalism – Maintains a professional approach to responsibilities (arrive to work prepared in uniform, on time, availability, etc.); Approaches others in a tactful manner; Communicates professionally with staff members, residents, resident families, and vendors; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics – Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand, stoop, bend, lift, and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Assisted living, Alzheimer’s, aide, caregiver, certified nursing assistant, CNA, C.N.A., certified medication aide, CMA, C.M.A., certified home health aide, chha, c.h.h.a., companion, dementia, full-time, FT, healthcare, health care, home care, homecare, hospice, medical, medication, memory care, nurse, nursing student, part-time, PT, PRN, med tech, 1st shift, first, 2nd shift, second, 3rd shift, third